As we get accustomed to Zoom Calls and DIY home repairs there’s also been a shocking amount of time for meal-prep or in this instance baking. Infact, a tap into Instagram, Facebook and even Twitter will reveal that more of us are now concentrating on perfecting the art of baking handed down to us through the years by family and friends. In this spirit, we look to a tried and true recipe of cheer for tea-time with friends or a special Iftar treat, with our custom Vegan Cocoa Muffins.
What you will need: –
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or whole wheat)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon mineral salt
- 3/4 cup organic pure cane sugar (alternate with available vegan options
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The Goodness Company Vegan Chocolate Bars (room temp)
Step 1: Creating the Batter
- Mix the wet ingredients with the sugar, stir to help soften the sugar granules or use an electric beater.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Step 2: Baking
- Fill muffin tin: Fill each muffin compartment with batter remembering to lightly grease each compartment (alternatively use muffin cups) and place into preheated oven set at 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the muffins are cooling procced to the next step. Adding Cheer!
Step 3: Adding Cheer
- Our Vegan Chocolate Bar’s come in an assortment of exquisite flavours from Lavender and Salted Almond to Espresso and Classic, each of which suitably complement our simple vegan muffin recipe.
- Grate five bars or gently sliver into a bowl.
- Finally, when the muffins are baked. Gently remove them from the oven, delicately extract each muffin from its holder and slice the top portion of each muffin, deep enough to add the filling. Next, generously fill each muffin with TGC’s grated Vegan Chocolate and firmly top each muffin with its sliced half.
- Gently press to ensure the heat of the muffin softly melts the chocolate inside.
Now, you’re ready for the perfect tea time treat or Iftar dessert.